1. Azhar is 18th from either end of a row of boys. How many boys are there in that row?
(a) 33 (b) 35
(c) 39 (d) 47
2. In a class of 60 where boys are twice that of girls, Rashida ranked 17th from the top. If there are 9 boys ahead of Rashida, how many girls are after her in the rank?
(a) 10 (b) 12
(c) 26 (d) 33
3. ‘Soldier’ is related to ‘Army’ in the same way as ‘Pupil’ is related to:
(a) Teacher (b) Education
(c) Student (d) Class
4. ‘Kilogram’ is related to ‘Quintal’ in the same way as ‘Paisa’ is related to:
(a) Coin (b) Cheque
(c) Rupee (d) Money
5. ‘Stammering’ is to ‘Speech’ as Deafness is to:
(a) Noise (b) Commotion
(c) Hearing (d) Ear
6. ‘Guilt’ is to ‘Past’ as ‘Hope’ is to:
(a) Hopeless (b) Today
(c) Future (d) Present
Directions—(Q. 7 to 9) are based on the alphabets.
7. If the sequence of the alphabets is reversed which of the following would be the 14th letter from your left?
(a) N (b) L
(c) O (d) M
8. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter, which is the 12th from the left?
(a) V (b) T
(c) W (d) Y
9. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter which is 10th to the left of the last but one letter from the right?
(a) V (b) X
(c) W (d) I
10. What should come in the place of (?) in ACE, FGH, ?, PON?
(a) KKK (b) JKI
(c) HJH (d) IKL
11. Typist : Typewriter : : Writer:?
(a) Book (b) Pen
(c) Paper (d) Script
12. Paint : Artist : : Wood : ?
(a) Furniture (b) Forest
(c) Fire (d) Carpenter
13. Acme : mace : : alga : ?
(a) gaal (b) laga
(c) gala (d) glaa
14. EIGHTY : GIEYTH : : OUTPUT : ?
(a) UTOPTU (b) UOTUPT
(c) TUOUTP (d) TUOTUP
15. ‘Medicine’ is related to ‘Patient’ in the same way as ‘Education’ is related to:
(a) Teacher (b) School
(c) Student (d) Tuition
16. Fill in the missing letter: S, V, Y, B, ?
(a) C (b) D
(c) E (d) G
17. What comes in the place of question mark in 3, 8, 6, 14, ?, 20?
(a) 11 (b) 10
(c) 8 (d) 9
18. Select the correct option in place of the question mark: AOP, CQR, EST, GUV, ?.
(a) JWX (b) HWX
(c) IWX (d) IYZ
19. The question mark in the series 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, ? should be replaced with:
(a) 48 (b) 49
(c) 52 (d) 56
20. In a certain code ‘CONTRIBUTOR’ is written as ‘RTNOCIROTUB’. How is ‘PROHIBITION’ written in that code?
(a) NOITIBIHORP (b) IHORPBITION
(c) ITIONBIHOTP (d) IHORPBNOITI
21. If ‘CAT’ and ‘BOAT’ are written as XZG and ‘YLZG’ respectively in a code language, how is ‘EGG’ to be written in the same language?
(a) VSS (b) URR
(c) VTT (d) UTT
22. In a code language SINGER is written as AIBCED, then GINGER will be written in the same code as:
(a) CBIECD (b) CIBCED
(c) CBICED (d) CIBECD
23. If BAT is coded as 283, CAT is coded as 383 and ARE is coded as 801, then the code for BETTER is:
(a) 213310 (b) 213301
(c) 123301 (d) 012334
24. If water is called black, black is called tree, tree is called blue, blue is called rain, rain is called pink and pink is called fish in a certain language, then what is the colour of sky called in that language?
(a) Blue (b) Fish
(c) Rain (d) Pink
25. A man walks 3 km northwards and then turns left and goes 2 km. He again turns left and goes 3 km. He turns right and walks straight. In which direction he is walking now?
(a) East (b) West
(c) North (d) South