General Ability MCQs for PMT CSS 2020
1. The sum of two numbers is 25 and their difference is 13. Find their product:
(a) 100 (b) 114
(c) 119 (d) 138
2. A rectangle has a length of 16cm and a breadth of 3cm. What is its area?
(a) 48 m (b) 48 cm
(c) 19 cm2 (d) 48 cm2
3. A rectangle has a length of 10cm & a perimeter of 30cm. Find the width of the rectangle.
(a) 5 cm (b) 10 cm
(c) 15 cm (d) 20 cm
4. A rectangular room is 6m long, 5m wide and 4m high. What is the total volume of the room in cubic meters?
(a) 24 (b) 30
(c) 120 (d) 240
5. Ali ran around a 0.25-kilometer jogging track 17 times. How many kilometers did he run?
(a) 4 km (b) 4½ km
(c) 4¼ km (d) 4¾ km
6. One square foot is equal to:
(a) 24 sq inches (b) 48 sq inches
(c) 72 sq inches (d) 144 s inches
7. Which shape has four equal sides and right angles?
(a) Rectangle (b) Rhombus
(c) Square (d) Parallelogram
8. The zoo had some lions and some parrots. The supervisor counted 15 heads and 50 legs. How many lions were there?
(a) 9 (b) 10
(c) 12 (d) 13
9. Rana and Shaban work on a job together for four days and complete 60% of it. Rana takes leave then and Shaban works for eight more days to complete the job. How long would Rana take to complete the entire job alone?
(a) 6 days (b) 8 days
(c) 10 days (d) 11 days
10. The surface area of a cube is 216 sq m. What is its volume?
(a) 100 cm3 (b) 216 cm3
(c) 480 cm3 (d) 512 cm3
11. A, B and C can do a work in 2 days. B can do it in 6 days and C can do it in 5 days. How long would it take A to do the work?
(a) 11/4 days (b) 13/3 days
(c) 15/2 days (d) 4/3 days
12. A pump can fill a tank with water in 2 hours. Because of a leak, it took hours to fill the tank. The leak can drain all the water of the tank in:
(a) 4 1/3 hours (b) 7 hours
(c) 8 hours (d) 14 hours
13. Two pipes A and B can fill a cistern in 37½ minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Both pipes are opened. The cistern will be filled in just half an hour, if the B is turned off after:
(a) 5 minutes (b) 9 minutes
(c) 10 minutes (d) 15 minutes
14. If 15 pumps of equal capacity can fill a tank in 7 days, then how many extra pumps will be required to fill the tank in 5 days?
(a) 14 (b) 7
(c) 6 (d) 21
15. There are 50 students admitted to a nursery class. Some students can speak only English and some can speak only Urdu 10 students can speak both English and Urdu. If the number of students who can speak English is 21, then how many students can speak Urdu, how many can speak only Urdu and how many can speak only English?
(a) 21, 11 and 29 respectively
(b) 28, 18 and 22 respectively
(c) 37, 27 and 13 respectively
(d) 39, 29 and 11 respectively
16. A rectangular water tank measures 15m 6m at top and is 10m deep. It is full of water. If water is drawn out lowering the level by 1 metre, how much of water has been drawn out?
(a) 45,000 litres (b) 1000 litres
(c) 90,000 litres (d) 900 litres
17. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of the given substances in the decreasing order of their densities?
18. A and B together can do a piece of work in 30 days. A having worked for 16 days, B finishes the remaining work alone in 44 days. In how many days shall B finish the whole work alone?
(a) 30 days (b) 40 days
(c) 60 days (d) 70 days
The writer teaches General Ability at World Times Institute.